Community and Charity Programs
GER hosts numerous community events for free drop off and collection of unwanted electronics. We also participate and exhibit at many industry conferences and trade-shows (i.e. ISRI, Consumer Electronic Show Las Vegas and E3), and have been quoted in articles and have advertising in industry publications. We are also active on Facebook where you can find many examples of our daily activities. Feel free to visit us at http://www.facebook.com/GlobalElectronicRecycling
•Annual Charity Golf Tournament •Community Sports Team Sponsorship •Consumer Take Back Programs •Community Recycling Drives •Support Non-profit Organizations •End User Returns Programs
We also take part in various other community and charity programs:
We recycle internally and have installed energy efficient lighting, as well as localized solar panels to reduce our power consumption. Our goal is to strive for maximum freight/load consolidation to minimize our carbon emissions. We track our landfill usage on a daily basis and are proud to report that nearly 99% of all goods we process never end up in landfills and the remaining 1% are generally non-recyclable by-products.
For some clients we track/report Carbon Footprint Calculations and savings of Metric Tons of Carbon Emissions (MTCE), Metric Tons of C02 Emissions (MTC02E), and Million BTU’s of Energy by using our company to process their goods. We can also translate these into real terms such as: “YOUR COMPANY has saved enough energy
this month to power XX US households for 1 year, saving X,XXX barrels of oil and XX,XXX gallons of Gasoline.”
GER supports many charitable organizations whereby we participate in helping/supporting in whatever way is best for them. This can include providing materials (if needed and approved by the material provider), financially, etc. I.e. Keep Arizona Beautiful, Lions Club, Love House Kids etc.
GER helped create and is a primary sponsor of the Love House Kids
program. This service provides shelter and other services to abused children. (for more info please visit www.lovehousekidsprograms.org
GER has sponsored local little league teams and individual athletes as part of our community outreach efforts and has donated to local schools and churches. Internally, GER also works to maintain high employee morale and a balanced work/life ratio and often awards employees and family members with free tickets to local sporting events, free lunches, dinners etc.